Discover Manly QLD
This somewhat undiscovered jewel of a bayside location is less than 30 minutes from Brisbane city, 25 mins from the international and domestic airports, and a 20 minute drive over the Gateway Bridge from the Brisbane international cruise liner terminal. Also easily accessible by local rail via the Manly station, and regular city buses, Manly is surprisingly close and convenient to Brisbane residents and visitors alike.
Boasting the largest marina in the Southern Hemisphere, Manly has long been a popular destination in the nautical community with the Yacht Squadron and Boat Club overlooking the waters of our beautiful Moreton Bay.
The growing Manly Harbour Village precinct boasts some of Brisbane’s newest hospitality businesses focused on helping visitors discover the tastes and experiences available in this relaxed waterfront location, together with established traditional businesses centrally located on popular Cambridge Parade and the beautiful Manly Esplanade.
If you’ve never been here, or if it’s been some time since you took a stroll down the Esplanade at Manly, there’s never been a better time to come and see what’s happening at Manly Harbour Village.
Things to Do
- Manly offers wide waterfront parks, free electric barbeques, well-equipped playgrounds and a long waterfront cycleway / walkway that stretches more than 6 km from Lota through Manly and north to Wynnum, all with views of beautiful Moreton Bay
- Breakfast at Manly Kitchen and Cambridge Cafe, fresh juices and salads in Cambridge Parade, fresh seafood and shucked-to-order oysters for lunch and dinner at Shucks Bar on the Esplanade
- The hole-in-the-wall amazing Japanese cuisine at Chidori Manly West (ex Sono chef)
- Apothecary Botanica on the Esplanade Workshops i.e. Shea Butter Body Whip with doterra essential oils
- Helpful bait shop with fishing hints at the Water Tower BP Service Station. Fish from the shore surrounding Manly – there’s tailor, bream, flathead and more!
- Hire boats and scooters/bikes to enjoy the water or waterfront
- Jan Powers Farmers’ Markets every second Saturday till midday (1st and 3rd Saturday of the month) and the Manly Creative markets on every Sunday till 3PM
- Manly Open Air Cinema in the park – furbaby friendly!
- Trips to St Helena Island and amazing convict history – or on Sundays see Fort Lytton preserved with the embattlements that were protecting Brisbane from the times of Captain Cook through to World War 2
- Manly public pool featuring marina views and waterslide
- Muir Marine for all your very well-priced boating and chandlery needs, right in the heart of Manly
- Live local music at the Manly Deck with balcony overlooking Cambridge Parade and the Marina
- Wynnum Wading Pool – free entry and perfect to float in summer – transforms into beach volleyball in winter
- Elanora Dog Off Leash Park, Wynnum – probably the largest fully-fenced dog park you’ll ever see, stretching nearly out of sight
- Bounce Inc. Tingalpa and Inflatable World Wynnum to jump some energy off the young’uns
Manly Surrounds (within 15-30 mins)
- Indigiscapes (Capalaba) – amazing local botanic gardens featuring plants locally native to Redlands
- West Mount Cotton Nursery and Gardens
- Bacchus Brewing Capalaba rapidly gaining a reputation as one of Australia’s most innovative brewers, with an outstanding array of beers on tap and available for takeaway from the brewhouse
- Sirromet Winery and famous for A Day on the Green
- Regular Mount Cotton Hillclimb for motor sports fans who like to get up close to the action!